Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23rd, 2012: Sleepaway Camp


"Sleepaway Camp belongs to a pool of slasher films known for their generic prolificacy; it must be noted that it is one of the first and best." - Rumsey Taylor, Not Coming to a Theater Near You


I've heard a lot about this one in the last few months, even though it's from 1983.  Before watching it I did some research, saw the poster of the film and was sold on that alone.  After seeing the artwork I didn't even bother looking up the plot, ratings or anything else.  I'm certainly not saying to trust a movie by its cover; In fact there's an abundance of terrible films with badass artwork but I had many reliable sources assure me that it's amazing.

Sleepaway Camp has all the cliche moments you would see in an '80s slasher film and if you don't take it seriously, you will love it!  This movie is hilarious if you have a dark sense of humor.  The acting is terrible and most of the "intense" scenes are hard to take seriously but this is one to watch with your friends.  It's definitely worth creating a drinking game out of.


ROTTEN TOMATOES RATING: 70%

All in all you may or may not like Sleepaway Camp.  It's a cult following for a reason and I had a great time watching it.  Definitely a lot lighter than last night's entry and in a way, I kind of needed it.  It's turning into a slasher week so far but I have no idea what's in store for tomorrow.

-Colby.

No comments:

Post a Comment