Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 16th, 2012: The Loved Ones

"It's a well made film. One for the gore fans." - Julie Rigg, MovieTime - ABC Radio National

While doing this blog I have had a few people give me recommendations and some have also asked me to check out specific movies to see if they're good or not.   The Loved Ones is one of those movies.  I hadn't even heard of it until it was recommended to me.  I am a big fan of slasher films. When I looked The Loved Ones up and saw that it was a slasher movie, it immediately had my attention. 

The Australian film has not had an official U.S. release yet.  The movie was screened at several international film festivals throughout 2009/2010, including Toronto, Dallas, San Francisco, and SXSW in Austin, TX.  It was finally released in select theaters throughout the U.S. last June and Paramount Pictures ended up buying the U.S. rights.


"Lola Stone asked Brent Mitchell to the prom, but Brent said no, and now he's screwed. What happens when Lola doesn't get what she wants? She enlists Daddy's help to throw a prom of her own where she is queen and Brent is king, whether he likes it or not. The Loved Ones is what happens when puppy love goes horribly, violently wrong. Brent should have said yes."- Paramount

ROTTEN TOMATOES RATING: 97%

With that high of a rating on Rotten Tomatoes and 4/5 on Bloody Disgusting how can you go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment