Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11th, 2012: Inside

This French slasher film made me believe in modern horror again.  As I mentioned in my last post, after Saw spawned its on-going sequels, the genre was growing tired and lacking originality.  Well, I thought this because I was watching American horror movies.  Long story short, the French are making all the movies Americans wish they could make (which is why American filmmakers are always remaking foreign films). 


"I dare call 'Inside' a classic because it is such a damn good horror movie. It also happens to be one of the bloodiest things ever produced -- anywhere." - Lucius Gore

À l'intérieur (Inside), in my opinion, is flawless, from the shocking opening sequence to one of the most twisted endings I have ever seen.  This film barely lets you take a breath as it takes you on a downward spiral into the bottom of a blood bath.  This movie is completely disturbing... and I fucking love it. 

Inside is directed by Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Mary.  A mutual friend introduced them to one another and they clicked right away.  Bustillo had been working on a first draft of the script and sent it over to Mary, who responded with a collection of short films he did.  One thing led to another and they began creating their first movie.  I believe these guys are going to blow up in the next 5 years. 



ROTTEN TOMATOES RATING: 83%


Normally I would provide some sort of synopsis but it's really hard to explain without spoiling the film.  I think for it to have the same impact on somebody else as it did me, certain moments have to be left out; without said moments it wouldn't make any sense.  I will leave you with this...

Inside is my favorite slasher film to come out in the last 12 years.

-Colby.

No comments:

Post a Comment