Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15th, 2012: V/H/S

 "Hardcore horror lovers will soak up the gruesome morsels." -

Here it is, one of the movies I have been waiting to see all year... V/H/S.   It's been all over the internet and horror fans are raving about it.  On October 5th it was finally released in select theaters after a video-on-demand release in August.  I was incredibly tempted to watch it when it came out but I thought it would be better to save it for tonight. 

V/H/S is considered to be an anthology horror film that features a series of "found footage" short films.  These shorts are written and directed by Adam Wingard, David Bruckner, Ti West, Glenn McQuaid, Joe Swanberg, and a directing quartet known as Radio Silence.    It premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January earlier this year.


ROTTEN TOMATOES RATING: 53%
 
This is my favorite movie I have watched so far this month!  I am a sucker for short stories in films (e.g. Trick 'r Treat and Creepshow) and this one had me nervous nearly the entire film.  Just when I was starting to get sick of the "found footage," I found my favorite.  Do yourself a favor and watch this on VOD or see if it's playing in an indy theater somewhere.  This is the horror movie to watch this October!

-Colby.



No comments:

Post a Comment