Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 23rd, 2013: Mama



"A creep and often heartbreaking look at family and how it can empower good. And pure evil." - Felix Vasquez Jr, Cinema Crazed


I put off watching Mama for a while.  After reading a lot of negative reviews from reliable sources, I just wasn't in a hurry to see it.  When I first saw the trailer it seemed like it already showed the best scenes.  Just in the last week I've seen a lot of people post about it, so I decided to check it out for myself.  

Mama is the story of two little girls who are abandoned in the woods by their father who murdered mother.  The girls are left in a secluded cabin until they are found five years later.  Their Uncle Lucas and his girlfriend offer to take care of them.  Little do they know the girls aren't the ones they are welcoming into their lives. 

The film was much better than I was led to believe.  There were a lot of scary moments and the first 30 minutes alone is enough to make you feel like you were hit by a truck.  I am glad to say that I enjoyed Mama and definitely look forward to seeing it again. 

-CS


No comments:

Post a Comment